12.20.2009

Without you.

I thought being back without you would be better- easier, even. I was wrong. Every corner I turn, I think of you. I can't help but see you everywhere. It's driving me insane. It makes me miss you in the worst of ways. You were so good at making everything less difficult and keeping me distracted. When someone rounds the aisle, I'm expecting to see you there. It was almost lonely, despite the rush of last-minute shoppers, without you there. I wish you were there. I guess I always half-expected that I'd be coming back to you this holiday season and that you'd remember how much you swore you missed me. But it's all so wrong and I deserve to be this devastated by your absence. Maybe, here without you, I can focus on what I've got going on in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment